TuneList - Make your site Live

Sunday, February 17, 2013

The extremely long Valentine's Day Party

Yesterday, we left the house at like 6:30 to go my mom's friend's church's Valentine's Day party. I did not know the majority of people.

Part 1:
I didn't bother to straighten or curl my hair, because I just didn't care xD lol.
I ended up wearing a simple dress and these even simpler ankle boots. When I got there, I was a total giraffe. ALL the women were shorter than me, and they were wearing heels, too!

Me: *whispers* I'm freaking exotic... 
Mom: Whut?
Me: Oh, nothing. o-o

Part 2:
I made a friend yesterday~ >w<

He's sooooooo cute, and he was wearing a tux. So classy- likeIcan'teven-Ijustcan't-ermahgerd.


 photo tumblr_m18e81r9Rn1qbala9_zps945830ef.gif

His name is Dylan :DDD


I think he's like... what? 6? 7? 6 and a half? Who cares how old he is, he's incredibly adorable.

Here's how we met, lol.

All the other teens were at a different table, excluding me. 


 photo ForeverAloneGif_zps3443d3f6.gif

So I sat at 1 out of 3 tables, with my sisters. I look over at the other kid's table and every. single. one of them. had their phone/iPad/iPad mini out.

They weren't even talking to each other. 

Like, wtheck. Is this what humanity has come down to? Ugh.

So, without any form of technology to entertain me or my sisters, I found some red napkins. I taught my sisters how to make a paper crane, and pretty soon they were walking in a circle around our table with each other playing pretend fighter-plane-cranes. xD

As I'm watching Katie's bird get shot down numerous times by Megan's imaginary missiles, the adorable little kid in a tux comes up to me.

Dylan: *poke*
Me: o-o Who poked me? *turns in my chair*
Dylan: *smile* Canaihavapkin?
Me: I can't hear you :c (The music was SUPER loud)
Dylan: Canaihavapkin? Please?
Me: ...you want a... napkin?
Dylan: *nods vigorously*
Me: Oh, oh! Ok! 

So I get up and find a red napkin for him. Adorable kid. He was like, slurring his words together. *squee*

He takes it back to his table, which was right next to mine, and I watch him crumple the napkin into a vague airplane-like shape. He turns around to show it to me and goes, "I made you an airplane :D" 

Be still my beating heart.

So I take it <3 and pick up another napkin to make him an actual airplane in return. He stands next to my chair and watches me with wide eyes. 

Dylan: Is that for mee?
Me: Yup ^_^ Oh hey. What's your name?
Dylan: ...illon.
Me: (Lillon? Lipton? Lipton tea? Wait- that's not right. Quick, what rhymes with 
-illon?!)

So I take a chance.

Me: Er... Dylan...?
Dylan: *nods*
Me: Are you sure?
Dylan: Yeah.

Me: xD

I give the plane to him, and he gleefully tosses it across my table, only to have it crash spectacularly. He doesn't care, and continues throwing it around, having forgotten me instantly. 



 photo tumblr_lkwqriXdA81qzcp4l_zps26eb1397.gif

But not to worry, for he comes back to me, with the plane slightly altered. It now looks like a spike, which he confirms by going, "Here's a spike."

Well, that answered my question. He proceeds to stand behind my chair and poke me gently with it. I play along, and he's entertained for about 10 minutes of me going, "Who was that? Was that youu~?" 

Dylan: Nuuu, not me :D

Later, he crumples it up into a ball and we play catch. I'm pretty bad at catching napkins. The game didn't last long. I give him my own paper crane, so he wanders off to play with my sisters in their crane dogfight.

He comes back 5 minutes later, and his face is extremely distressed. 

Me: What is it?
Dylan: Will you take me to the bathroom? I need to pee :c

I was not expecting this, no-siree. So what do I do? I go, "Ummm... I can't take you there..." 

Dylan: Why not?

That's a darn good question. Why not, indeed.

Me: Iiiii... don't... need to go to the... bathroom...? HEY, where are your parents?
Dylan: *stands tippy-toe to look for his parents* Um... they're over there. Come with me~

So I stand up and walk with him till he gets close to his parent's table. Then I go back to my table, 'cause I just passed the responsibility like a baton. See ya, kid! 

I assume he went home with his parents soon after that, because I didn't see him again. Goodbye, Dylan ^_^

Part 3: 
Dang, this is long. Last part!

During the time I was forgotten by Dylan temporarily, I happened to see a girl about the age of 8 or 9 sit by herself. I smiled at her in greeting, but she didn't seem interested in my acquaintance.  Oh well. 

She was going around the empty tables and picking up the fake flower petals to stick them on her toothpick. I didn't exactly know what she was doing, but it looked like she was making a flower-like thing. 

Creative boredom done right, yeahhh buddy. 

She's content with arranging the petals on her toothpick when a 3-girl clique struts up to our table. I can definitely tell who the leader is, with the hand on her hip and two girls on each of her sides. Left foot forward, perfect formation, and a biotch attitude to go with it. I will call her MG, for mean girl. (Creativity, yeah!) I'm slightly amused with her attitude, considering they're like, what? NINE? Psh. Kids these days.

MG: Emily! What are you doing?!

Emily is the girl with the toothpick flower.

Emily: ...? 
MG: My mom payed a lot of money for these. Stop stabbing them!

1) Emily is a boss. 2) Fake flower petals don't cost NUTHIN, kid.

Emily is aware of fact #2 (smart kid), and she pointedly avoids conflict by going, "Sorry." Plain and simple.

MG decides to open her mouth to spew out more ridiculous words and says, "We were gonna re-use these for next year! Stop stabbing them."

Emily watches them walk away in their triad formation. Once they leave, she stabs another petal just 'cause she can. Lol. Emily isn't interested in the flower she was making anymore, so she looks a little bored for a second. 

Jesus is watching over us, because a kind lady sets a plate of fresh cupcakes on OUR table first. Guess who got first dibs? Emily. Those other girls didn't get any because they were in a different room.

PLUS!

I was watching the people clean up everything at the end. Those flower petals were all thrown away without a second thought.


Win.

 photo tumblr_inline_mhu1jkArjh1qz4rgp_zpsd363cfb0.gif

No comments:

Post a Comment