First, I lol'd.
Then I realized she was serious.
(I don't actually hate exercising, you guys.)
So my two little sisters are biking, and mom and I are fast-walking behind them. I got my baseball cap on, my water bottle in my hand, and I am good to go! By the time we get to the end of our street, the blazing sun unleashes its fury.
Sweeeeeaaaaaaatttt... eww.
Zuko does the "dripping" look better.
On the first lap around the block, I'm still walking. I see 3 younger girls with their table and cooler, standing by the sidewalk I'm on. I can see where this is going, they're selling lemonade. How cuuute-Awww shoot, I didn't bring money with me on this walk D:
Maybe they'll be too nervous to approach my sister and I- oh, nope. Dangit.
I can see that my sister is a bit unsure as to what to do, even from being behind her.
Girl: Would you like to buy some lemonade?
Katie (my sister): *says nothing but brakes next to their table and looks at me questioningly*
Me: *nears the girls* Hi c:
Girl: Hello! Would you like to buy some lemonade?
Me: Oh, I'd love to, but I don't have any money with me D: *pats my pocket-less pants to show them*
Girl 2: Uhh... the first person... gets a free cup.
Me: ...really? o_o (Such luck.)
Girl: uhmmm ...sure...?
Me: (I knew it xD)
I'm not in the mood for pink lemonade, and I'm pretty sure mom would not approve, but I decide to let my sister have some.
More Zuko.
Me: Well, could I just have a cup for my sister please?
Girl 3: I'll get it! *hands Katie the cup of pink lemonade*
Me: What do you say, Katie?
Katie: Thank you! :D
Girl: No problem~
Me: Thank you, girls. Cya!
Seeing my sister thoroughly enjoy her drink makes me thirsty too, so I chug down some water like
My goodness, who put that Zuko .gif there? Who did it? Hands up, you guys.
Before my sister and I continue our trip around the block, I take a look at the sign on their cooler. It says, "5 cents per cup PINK LEMONADE." Cute.
We are now on our second lap, and I'm still walking behind Katie. As we near the lemonade stand again, the girls are gone, but the table and everything is still there. How odd. As we get closer, I read the sign. It now says, "FREE Pink Lemonade."
My faith in humanity. Is just. Up. There.
Doodoodoodoodleydoo- It's the 3rd lap! Katie keeps stopping at the corners of the sidewalk, and it's seriously starting to piss me off annoy me.
Katie: Do I stooooppp?
Pauline: No, Katie... just- just KEEP GOING, alllll the way home, okay? don't stop to ask me all the time!
Katie: Okayy.
So we move past the next corner without any questions asked. Wonderful!
I need you guys to understand that the sidewalk across from my house is basically a rectangle.
Here, have a map. The red is the path of our journey (only one lap shown.)
Since Katie is on a bike, and I'm walking, she outpaces me by quite a bit. As we're going down "lemonade street," I see her get farther and farther away. Thinking that she was going to stop at the corner to wait for me, I didn't quicken my pace.
She just keeps on going around the corner and out of my sight.
EXPLETIVE.
I can't leave her alone, so I drop my water bottle and sprint like a Peeta.
I catch up to her, and I'm all like
Some neighbor taking care of his yard was staring at the out-of-shape girl run after her ignorant sibling. How embarassing. Psh, of course it wasn't me. What are you talking about?
I gave my sister a little talk on the dangers of running off. I also thought about how I could have gotten her to stop asking me at every corner better...
but not before I wiped off some sweat like
Oh look, it's... Zuko!
I'm not sorry. ATLA ftw.
No comments:
Post a Comment